How is breast implant removal performed?
Generally, when Dr. Engineer performs his breast implant removal in Las Vegas, he performs it under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with IV sedation. The procedure involves addressing the breast capsule or pocket, which may be riddled with scar tissue. Incisions are usually placed within the breast crease (inframammary fold). If needed, Dr. Engineer can perform a breast lift or fat transfer procedure to enhance your results and ensure the chest appears natural, feminine, and balanced after implant removal.
What are some other reasons women seek out breast implant removal?
There are a variety of reasons to seek out a breast explanation in Las Vegas with Dr. Engineer.
- Some patients are seeking to increase or decrease the size of their implants, or they wish to forgo implants all together and return to their former breast size. Our vision of our best self may change, and Dr. Engineer’s mission is to enact the safest tactics to attain your ideal outcome.
- Some patients may have experienced complications, such as the development of hard, painful scar tissue. With his expertise in breast implant removal, Dr. Engineer can resolve such issues.
- Sometimes the implants shift and migrate, resulting in such problems as symmastia and other malpositions.
- Implants may rupture or leak, necessitating their removal.
- If you have textured implants, you may wish to replace them or undergo explantation due to the recent FDA report linking textured implants to breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).
Most patients choose to replace their implants rather than remove them completely in order to maintain an enhanced physique. Dr. Engineer will spend time with you during your personal consultation to fully understand your intentions. He will exercise the full weight of his training and experience in order to create the most appropriate surgical plan for your specific needs and goals.