Saggy arms can be a source of insecurity for many people, especially as they age. Loose skin and excess fat can accumulate in the upper arm area and detract from an otherwise toned physique. One of the most common procedures for saggy arms is Brachioplasty, also known as an arm lift. However, liposuction or non-surgical treatments may better fit those seeking less invasive options.
So, what is the best procedure for saggy arms? Let’s examine what saggy arms are, what causes them, and which methods Dr. Engineer considers best for treating the problem.
Understanding Saggy Arms
Saggy arms are characterized by loose, flabby skin and fat accumulations that hang from the upper arms, giving them a droopy appearance.
Several factors can contribute to saggy arms, with aging being the most common. As people age, their skin loses elasticity, leading to sagging. Other factors that can contribute to saggy arms include:
- Rapid or significant weight loss
- Lack of exercise
- Poor nutrition
Effective treatments for saggy arms remove extra skin and fat while tightening and smoothing the remaining skin. The result is a more toned, sculpted appearance and the confidence to go sleeveless!
The Best Procedure for Saggy Arms: An Arm Lift
Arm lift surgery, or Brachioplasty, involves incisions on the underside or back of the arms and removing excess skin and fat to tighten and reshape the area. Brachioplasty is typically recommended for individuals who have lost significant weight or have a moderate amount of excess skin due to aging.
While fat removal is not the chief function of an arm lift, liposuction may be paired with the procedure to attain your objectives better. If you avoid significant weight gain or loss, continue exercising, and eat a healthy diet, your arm lift results should last for years. However, the body will continue to age, so some clients may need to undergo the procedure again later.
An arm lift offers the following benefits:
- A more toned and contoured appearance
- Increased confidence
- Improved body image
- Enhanced mobility and ease of movement
- Expanded wardrobe options for those who were self-conscious about wearing arm-baring clothing before their Brachioplasty
- An arm lift can be combined with other body sculpting treatments to comprehensively slim, sculpt, and streamline the torso, such as liposuction, a tummy tuck, breast surgery, a thigh lift, or a buttock lift
Other Excellent Procedures for Saggy Arms
For those with more significant sagging or excess skin, surgical options such as Brachioplasty or liposuction with skin excision may be necessary to achieve the desired results. However, skin-tightening and muscle-toning treatments may be better for those seeking less invasive options. These methods can help stimulate collagen production, tighten loose skin, tone muscles, and remove fat for a more sculpted figure without complex surgery or significant downtime.
Some of Dr. Engineer’s favorites include the following:
- EmSculpt to non-invasively, simultaneously build muscle and burn fat tissues from targeted parts of your body for a 16% increase in muscle mass and a 19% reduction in fat tissues
- EmSculpt NEO for approximately 30% fat reduction and 25% muscle growth in just four sessions
- Exilis encourages your body’s new collagen production, which, in turn, enhances your skin’s tightness and volume for overall deep tissue and skin improvements
Let Dr. Engineer Recommend the Best Procedure for Your Saggy Arms
The Engineered Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Institute team comprises several fellowship-trained plastic surgeons who provide only the best cosmetic care. As founder, CEO, and principal surgeon at Engineered Aesthetics, Dr. Nitin J. Engineer is well-renowned for his unmatched expertise in various forms of surgery, including arm lifts.
With over a decade of experience and training, Dr. Engineer can provide his patients with customizable procedures that meet their individual and unique needs. He greatly understands how troubling specific aesthetic issues can be and shows great empathy for all his patients, ensuring everyone leaves his office looking and feeling their best.
Contact us today to learn the best procedure for your saggy arm concerns.